Raising Grateful Kids + Friends Baby Sprinkle

by - 12:46 PM

Good morning Friends!


We got hit with a Nor'easter in the NJ/NYC area. We're still reeling from it and recuperating from the aftermath. 

The other day I was in the car driving and Alyssa was in her car seat. She asked me, "Mommy, can we go to Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts for a snack?" I told her that I brought yummy snacks from home and we can do that as a treat maybe on the weekend. She replied, "Mommy, I only like and only eat Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts Munchkins." As she waved her little hands in the air in an authoritarian manner. " I thought to myself, "Wow I created this little demanding tall-hot chocolate-latte tyrant." I reminded her as I usually do that we have to be thankful for what we receive and other words wisdom to steer her right. 

Growing up we didn't have much and lived a very basic necessities kind of life. My sweet mom spent an innumerable amount  of time filling and shaping our minds with wisdom and how to be thankful for everything we get. I remember she would even challenge us with critical thinking skills on how we are sacrificing buying after-school snacks in order to use coins to do our laundry or how we're walking instead of taking the bus in order to have a bowl of cereal at night. 

I also recognized that I had to break my little 4 year-old out of habits I introduced her to that I do not want to keep long term (buying toys on each trip to the store). So we're creating new routines that I think will help keep her grounded and constantly having those enriching conversations my mom had with my brothers and I growing up. Those convos or character building moments challenged us to use common sense, practical wisdom and embrace a non-entitled mentality that is a constant force contending with us in this generation. I'm reminded to have these conversations when we're having a super cheerful day because I recognize she gets it more when she's in lighter spirits.
Special thanks to my selfless and kind BF/Sis Lola, to all of my friends who came out and my friends Shabad and Andrew for providing the beautiful space! 

I wasn't planning or expecting a sprinkle this time around because we've been so strapped with energy and time. I am just so thankful for all the love and gifts. 

Some more of my loving friends- Monica and Raena. 


Here's my hubs, Kirk and my little darling Alyssa. She's so ready for little brother Luke to arrive. She was not in the mood during this pic and tough nap time so sh won't miss the party.


What are some tips and ways you keep yourself your kids grounded and thankful?

Thanks for staying for awhile! 

You May Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for your comments! It means a lot. xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Instagram