Do Healthy Products Boost Your Mood?

by - 4:16 PM

Hi Friends!

I'm usually fighting the occasional case of Monday Blues, but the struggle is so fierce today because the weather is so cold, rainy and overcast. Vitamin D really makes a world of a difference. What really helped me kick into a brighter mood was listening to encouraging podcasts from Dr. Caroline Leaf, going to the gym and writing via blogging. I always find a way to start my day in prayer and reading the Bible. That always sets the tone for the rest of the day.

Now that we've covered, the inner things (spirit & soul) I must share how I've done a major cabinet haul in my house. It all started about a year ago when my toddler Alyssa began having bad seasonal upper respiratory allergies. She was constantly sneezing, coughing, congested accompanied by a runny nose. She was constantly on allergy syrup and I just hated it. I downloaded an app called Think Dirty and threw out all of her Johnson & Johnson products, tossed all paraben and sulfate hair products and got more diligent about reading food labels. I bought an allergen fighting charcoal (Amazon)air freshener bag for her room as opposed to Lysol spray.

I am not going to credit all of my efforts because I know some hardworking moms who have tried everything and their little ones are still struggling. Thankfully, her immune system was built up and I noticed a difference.

One of my favorite family products that I have been using recently is Maple Holistics Tea Tree Shampoo and personal care line. I love that I can use it on my hair and on my daughter Alyssa's hair. My hair is currently curly without a chemical straightener or what we consider "natural". My daughter Alyssa inspired me to leave the chemical relaxers, perms and embrace my kinky curls. I love seeing my curls since I've never seen my hair in its natural birth state. My mom began relaxing my hair when I was 8 yrs old and prior to that my hair was always straightened with a blow dryer/hot comb method. It was a different time- no judgement to mama bear, lol.

The Tea Trea Oil shampoo left my itchy prone scalp feeling refreshed.


Fresh trim!



I'm about 20 weeks PREGNANT! ! HALFWAY THERE!!

Visit their website and check out their naturally formulated line! Maple Holistic 



Ultimately, the healthier cruelty and toxic free personal care products are not scientifically proven to have a direct physiogically positive affect on your mood. However, I am very happy and reassured knowing my daughter is exposed to safer products essentially boosting my mood. 

You May Also Like

3 comments

  1. The charcoal bag seems genius! I've been looking to replace using a box of baking soda in our closets. Thanks for the tip! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey V! The charcoal bag is still in her room and I see way less dust. It has a super long lifespan too. Thanks for reading. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! It means a lot. xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Instagram